BLUE LAKE TOWNSHIP BOARD
Special Meeting Minutes
March 21, 2019
1491 Owasippe Rd., Twin Lake, MI 49457
Meeting opened at 7:00 PM.
Present: Jeff Abram, Todd Conzemius, Lyle Monette, Debbie Therrian, Excused-Melonie Arbogast
- Owasippe Lake (also known as Crystal Lake) Special Assessment District for weed control. Motion by Debbie, support by Lyle to open the public hearing for Owasippe Lake weed control project. Roll call vote: 4 yes. Motion carried.
- Open Public Hearing for Owasippe Lake – Jeff opened the public hearing portion of the meeting at 7:05 PM. Discussion on assessment costs and length of time for the special assessment district. It was agreed on that the special assessment district would be for 10 years. Some years may require multiple treatments. Weed control coverage and treatment areas will vary year to year. Jeff mentioned that the publication costs are higher than anticipated. Jeff covered current attorney costs are $504.00 for The Blue Lake Township portion of Owasippe Lake.
- Close Public Hearing for Owasippe Lake at 7:15.
- Automobile Road Special Assessment District-Chip sealing. Motion by Debbie, support by Lyle to open the public hearing for the Automobile Chip Sealing Project. Roll Call vote: 4 yes. Motion carried.
- Open Public Hearing for Automobile Road Special Assessment District for Chip Sealing at 7:16. Discussion on length of district will be 5 years. Discussed was the 8 percent interest on the unpaid balance for those wishing to exercise up to the 5 year timeframe. Jeff mentioned that the publication costs are higher than anticipated. Also, that there currently are no attorney fees.
- Close Automobile Road Special Assessment District for chip sealing – 7:22 PM.
Board Comments: Jeff said it was nice to see residents from both special assessment district at the meeting and interact with the board. If everything goes as scheduled, the next public hearing will be April 29, 2019 at 7:00pm.
Public Comments: None
Meeting adjourned at 7:25 PM.
Jeffery T. Abram